Beauty enthusiasts have a lot to worry about with their increasing age. It is not only their age that concerns them but the side effects that come along with it. One has to stay fit and excellent to deal with all the health and beauty issues that come across their life journey.
Our Germany based skincare shop, Lovelique, has been ranked amongst the Top 100 Organic Beauty Blogs by feedspot on the web. Hence, we’re here again with another universal topic for you that is a matter of concern for a lot of people out there.
Cellulite has been marked as one of the common concerns of dealing with obesity or increasing age. Continue reading the article to learn more about it.
What is Cellulite?
You might have seen lumpy skin on thighs in your family's elderly members, such as grandma or anyone else. This uneven or lumpy skin is often seen on the hips, buttocks, and thighs. It strongly signifies cellulite. It usually occurs when your skin covering several areas of fats on your body is pulled below to the deeper tissues by connective tissue bands. It somehow creates an uneven surface.
Cellulite is a common term used for the formation of dimples of lumps in the skin. It has some other familiar names too, such as cottage-cheese skin, orange-peel skin, the mattress phenomenon, and the hail damage.
This skin problem is not gendered biased as it can occur in men and women both at a specified period. However, studies have shown that it is comparatively more common in women because of the fat, muscle, and connective tissue's distribution in their bodies.
Approximately 80 to 90 percent of women may have to experience cellulite at a certain point in their lifetime. Although it is not harmful, it may bring a change in a person's appearance.
Where is it commonly found?
Cellulite is majorly found in areas of:
Grades of Cellulite
The severity of cellulite has been ranked using three grades as defined below:
- Grade 1 (mild): It has an "orange peel" appearance with 1 to 4 shallow depressions and a little draped appearance to the skin.
- Grade 2 (moderate): It has about 5 to 9 medium-depth depressions with a cottage-cheese appearance, and the skin looks moderately draped.
- Grade 3 (severe): It has a mattress appearance with about ten or more deep depressions, and the skin looks severely draped.
What are the Causes of Cellulite?
Cellulite is generally caused due to the building of fat underneath the skin. The occurrence of cellulite on your body depends on your genes, fat percentage of your body, age, and skin thickness. It can occur on people of any bodyweight and appearance.
The presence of fat in women is more commonly visible as compared to men. Collagen fibers divide the underlying fat into several pockets between the skin and muscle. Cellulite can become more noticeable when you mature as the skin gets thinner with a lack of elasticity. This reveals the rippled connective tissues below.
The exact cause of cellulite is unknown, but it occurs as a result of an interaction between the connective tissue present in the dermatological layer that lies below the skin surface and the fat layer present below it.
In women, these fat cells and connective tissues are arranged in a vertical format. When the fat cells protrude onto the skin layer, this induces the look of cellulite. In males, the tissue has a criss-cross pattern, which might justify why cellulite is less common than females.
Significant causes of cellulite are listed below:
- Age and Hormones
Hormones are known to play a significant part in the creation of cellulite. Insulin, Estrogen, noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin are part of the pattern of cellulite development.
One hypothesis is that when testosterone in women declines in menopause, the blood supply to connective tissue under the skin often reduces.
Lower circulation implies less oxygen in the body, resulting in a lower output of collagen. Fat cells often increase as the rates of estrogen decrease.
Such aspects work to render fat deposits more prominent. When the fat beneath the skin protrudes from the connective tissue's weakness, the common dimpling effect occurs.
Age also becomes the reason to make skin less elastic, thinner, and much likely to sag. It ultimately raises the chances of cellulite developing.
Some genes are required for the production of cellulite. Genetic influences can be related to a person's metabolic speed and fat distribution under the skin, race, and circulatory rates. This may affect the risk of forming cellulite.
- Lifestyle and Dietary Factors
Although, not necessarily caused by toxins, but a healthy lifestyle might decrease the chances of cellulite in your body. People who consume a large number of carbohydrates, fats, salts, and very little fiber are said to have a large cellulite amount.
Following are some of the other factors of cellulite:
- An unhealthy standard of living
- Excessive weight gain
- Accumulated toxins
- Poor diet
What are the treatments for the removal of cellulite?
The following are some of the techniques that help reduce the appearance of cellulite eventually by breaking the bands of connective tissue.
- Acoustic wave therapy - Takes several sessions to complete, and a hand-held device is utilized to transmit sound waves.
- Laser Treatment - This process includes the insertion of a small laser probe under the skin. It may improve the appearance of cellulite for a year. This process results in a thickened skin which is done by increasing the production of collagen.
- Carboxytherapy - In this process, carbon dioxide is inserted under the skin. However, it does have few side effects such as bruising and discomfort after the procedure, but the cellulite may disappear after it.
Some of the therapies have been recommended for removing cellulite, but none of these have yet been confirmed by scientific research. However, you can also use an anti-cellulite glow moisturizer bar and the below recommendations that helps in reducing it.
- Dry Brushing - Start your day with dry body brushing. Before you turn your shower on, or get in the bath, lightly sweep a dry body brush all over – start from your ankles and always brush in the direction of your heart. This will give your circulation a great boost and help eliminate toxins. Go for natural products like Anti-Cellulite Wooden Massager 25 Euruos and Therapeutic - Natural Body Brush50 Euros. Recommended products available online at Lovelique beauty shop.
- Cellulite Creams, Bath soaps and Lotions- The best cellulite bath and creams that are worth your time and cash includes; Cellulite Caffeine Body Scrub 120ml 14 Euros, Cellulite Treatment Butt & Thigh 26 Euros and Anti Cellulite Body Scrub 120ml 35 Euros Suggested product available online at Lovelique beauty shop. When you are applying your anti-cellulite creams and lotions (a fairly considerably priced products is just as effective ), massage it well with your palms into your thighs or Buttocks and other potentially affected areas.
- Vitamin C - Foods highly rich with vitamin C are also great cellulite-killers because they boost the levels of collagen in the skin, which then promotes elasticity and keeps the skin firm and
- Drink Green Tea - While green tea sure has a high level anti-oxidant elements. It has got a lot of recognition as being a treatment for weight loss. While losing fat is not an immediate fix it does help reduce fat compositions. Try sipping on 1 cup a day - not to near bedtime. According to Ayurveda school institute Indian, in one of its publications “Healing wellbeing’s through Ayurveda” Using green tea for bath immensely disposes fats on the skin, there by a healing and preventive method for body cellulite and other skin problems treatments.
- Regular Exercise - Exercise will not get rid of cellulite completely, however, it will aid weight loss to get your blood circulations and tone the skin up – which then help in removing that orange-peel look on your skin. Try doing Squats, cycling, Lunges, Jogging and kickboxing.
- Avoiding Certain Foods – Foods like; Processed fatty foods, such as sausages, cheese, biscuits and cake, are not best for preventing or reducing Cellulite. They are often made with additives, salt or sweeteners, which can cause toxin-overloading over time in the body.
- Reduce High Caffeine Studies show high caffeine intake, can promulgate body cellulite to worse, due to its effects on blood circulation, getting oxygen and nutrients to skin So limit intake of coffee, tea and cola. Recommended have one or two cups, max, a day.
- Stop Smoking And Sugar Intake – Stop or avoid smoking and alcohol both habits create high level of toxins in the body. Finally, Cut sugar intake from beverages etc. Note, its slows production of collagen in the skin. As collagen is a good way to slow or kill wrinkles and body cellulites.
Thus, Lovelique has put forward a list of causes and treatments for all the people who are worried about their cellulite. You can simply explore these recommended beauty products for your body cellulite and other skincare concerns are affordably available online at Lovelique beauty Shop.
Lovelique Beauty Shop Copyright 2020